• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change froms row to columns

Hi
The table in which the rows are required to be converted into columns, to which other tables have been added, in the same form as the attached table with different materials
I want to modify the equations to include the vertical table data of the added tables
Thanks

Attachments

• RowToCol.xlsx
    27.5 KB · Views: 13
I thought I'd answered this yesterday, but it must have got lost.
In the attached are some Power Query offerings.
On Sheet2 there's a Power Query version of your formulae at cell E16
On Sheet2 (2) I've treated the data at the top as 2 tables then in Power Query I've appended them.
I'm not sure whether you want to see separate rows for the same product/raw material combination appear twice, (see table at cell E28) or just on one row with the values added (table at cell I28).

Attachments

• Chandoo48497RowToCol.xlsx
    52 KB · Views: 8
Select the range of data you want to rearrange, including any row or column labels, and press Ctrl+C
Choose a new location in the worksheet where you want to paste the transposed table, ensuring that there is plenty of room to paste your data. The new table that you paste there will entirely overwrite any data/formatting that’s already there.

Right-click over the top-left cell of where you want to paste the transposed table, then choose Transpose

After rotating the data successfully, you can delete the original table and the data in the new table will remain intact.

Hope This Works,
Peter

Back