• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Can't Summarize DateTime field with Max/Min because not a supported data types

NilsLam

Hi All,

I generate a sources file by Power Query as a data model and used the Power Pivot to show the results, but can't to use the summarize value field by Max/Min to display the related activities start/end time with warning message: "We can't summarize this field with Max because it's not a supported calculation for Date data types."

The relevant column already changes the type value as DataTime by still not work, how can I do?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Test for MaxMin Pivot.xlsx
    981.6 KB · Views: 7
Not sure I understand the issue already. Setting the pivot value to MAX simply works.

Care to explain a bit more in details what you are trying to do and where it fails. Is it in PQ or in the pivot or in a DAX calculation?

:confused:, beats me, for the moment I don't have a clue. Never worked with version 2013, but I hardly can imagine that is the cause.
The pivot in your uploaded file is created in the same way as in your real life version?
As you talk about data model, I also tested this DAX measure : =max('Test for PQ'[Completion Date Time]), and it is also working.

Attachments

• Copy of Test for MaxMin Pivot.xlsx
    988.5 KB · Views: 8
:confused:, beats me, for the moment I don't have a clue. Never worked with version 2013, but I hardly can imagine that is the cause.
The pivot in your uploaded file is created in the same way as in your real life version?
As you talk about data model, I also tested this DAX measure : =max('Test for PQ'[Completion Date Time]), and it is also working.

Hi GraH,

Thanks again for your input, could you mind to attach the file to me which is shown on previous that you already dragged the MAX/MIN value fields.

Hi GraH,

Thanks again for your input, could you mind to attach the file to me which is shown on previous that you already dragged the MAX/MIN value fields.

Hi Grah,

Sorry for my overlook on the attachment, and many thanks for your help again.

Cheers!!

Back