• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculated Measure based on Filter Conditions from Another Table

g4mb1t

Hi,

I am trying to calculate a measure based on dynamic conditions set by another table.

Some background:

Activity Table (Activity x Type x Funding): This table contains activity list which contains the conditions I want to use as filters when calculating a measure from another table. Some activity might only have one condition. Some might have two conditions.

Student Table (Organisation x Type x Funding x Load): This contains the student data by organisation, type, funding and load.

Unassigned Activity (Organisation x Activity): This contains all the unassigned activity by organisation

In summary, I would like to know how much the student load for the unassigned activity based on filter conditions set by the activity table.

An example should make this clearer:

Say in the Unassigned table, I have a Teaching Activity for Dept A. I would like to know the number of student load for that activity based on the activity table. The activity table sets that Teaching activity can only be applied to type="UG" and Funding="ANY" (meaning all field values are valid). So I would like to return the load no from Student Table that contains type="UG" and whatever value there is in funding.

For Research, the Activity table sets that it can only be applied to type="HDR" and funding="RTS". So I would like to return the load from Student table that contains type="HDR" and funding="HDR".

Can anyone offer some advice please? I have tried some variations of CALCULATE and FILTER to no avail.

I have attached the file for more details.

Thank you

Attachments

• test4.xlsx
    440.2 KB · Views: 3
Back