• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

automatic spell check for merged words

okra

Hi i have a huge document with thousands upon thousands of spelling errors in the form of merged words likethis orthis excel finds them no problem but it would take me the rest of my life to manually spell check this. is there anyway to either spell check just for this specific error and split the words, or even better do this using a macro to the whole column.

You could do several Find All and Replace for things that you know have happened. Things get tricky if you want XL to just find "merged words" as different groups of words can be split different ways. An example:

good in

goodin

goo din

The last line is a legitimate "spelling" break, but it not what original intent was.

Hi ,

I use Excel 2007 , and I see that Excel corrects the errors you have pointed out.

Can you check the following link to see whether you are doing it right ?

http://www.worldstart.com/spell-check-in-excel/

Narayan

@SirJB7

Hi, myself!

At a first glance I read "wordstar" instead of "worldstar" in previous link...

And I don't know why this image came to my mind... a character based screen of 80x25, black background with green font, menus in purple at top with one letter shortcuts... a 386SX processor machine...

Oops...! Maybe I'm actually getting much older than I realize.

Regards!

Back