• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Automate attendence marking with daily schedule in excel

Aminsha

Hello everyone,

I need help automating our company’s **daily attendance marking** process using Excel. We currently have two separate files:

1. **Daily Schedule Sheet**: This contains details of the next day's activities for employees, including sections for:
- Job Assignments
- Office Staff
- Off Duty
- Standby
- Sick Leave
- Vacations
- Training
- Transportation
- Site Visits
- Marketing
- Store Duty

Each section lists the employees under it.

2. **Attendance Sheet**: This is where we manually mark the attendance of employees based on the schedule.

### Current Issue:
We are doing double the work by reviewing the **Daily Schedule** and manually updating the **Attendance Sheet**. Since the schedule already lists information like "Off," "Sick Leave," "Standby," etc., I want to automate this process. Only **unauthorized absentees** need to be updated manually.

### Requirement:

I want to automate the attendance marking in the **Attendance Sheet** by pulling data from the **Daily Schedule** sheet. The logic I need is:

1. If an employee is listed as **Off**, **Sick Leave**, **Standby**, or **Vacation** in the **Daily Schedule**, their corresponding status in the **Attendance Sheet** should automatically reflect the same term.

2. If an employee is assigned a task (e.g., a job or project), they should be marked as **Present** in the **Attendance Sheet**.

3. Manual updates are only required for **unauthorized absentees** (those who are expected to be present but are absent).

### Example:

- **Daily Schedule:**
- Off: John Doe
- Sick Leave: Jane Smith
- Project Work: Bob Johnson

- **Attendance Sheet:**
- John Doe: Off
- Jane Smith: Sick Leave
- Bob Johnson: Present

### Desired Solution:
I need a formula or macro that will:
- Automatically update attendance based on the schedule.
- Mark employees as **Present** if assigned to a task, and copy statuses like "Off," "Sick Leave," etc.
- Allow manual updates for **unauthorized absentees**.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Aminsha

• Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.
Please reread Forum Rules
especially
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org

Back