• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

3 Row Cells Compared to 1 Column Of Values

Rapidlywild

Evening All,
So I trying to make use of some raw data regarding servers and their current installed patches. What I have available is Column A identifies the machine name, Column B, C and D identify the latest 3 installed patches on the machine. Then we have column G which lists the 6 most recent patch ID's.

In column E, I need a formula which looks at B2,C2 and D2 and if either one of them 3 appears in G2:G7 then it returns a TRUE value, and if doesnt appear, it returns a FALSE valud.

Sorry I am bad at trying to explain what I am seeking. If anyone understood and can assist, it would be GREATLY appreciates

Attachments

• Patching.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
Try this in cell E2 and drag down.
=IF(SUMPRODUCT((B2=$G$2:$G$7)+(C2=$G$2:$G$7)+(D2=$G$2:$G$7))>0,TRUE,FALSE)

Attachments

• Patching.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
Assuming you have Excel 365, you may use this formula at E2 cell and then copy it down..
=OR(ISNUMBER(XMATCH(B2:D2,G:G)))

In cell E2:
Code:
=SUM(COUNTIF(B2:D2,$G$2:$G$7))>0
May need array-entering onto the sheet (using Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of just plain Enter) depending on your version of Excel. Then copy down.

Code:
= BYROW(installedPatches, LAMBDA(installed, OR(installed = latestPatches)))
or, fancied up a bit
Code:
= LET(
    Includesλ, LAMBDA(x, LAMBDA(y, OR(x = y))),
    BYROW(installedPatches, Includesλ(latestPatches))
  )

Thanks heaps, using work infrastructure and unfortunately its on 2019 excel. Tried using "=IF(SUMPRODUCT((B2=$G$2:$G$7)+(C2=$G$2:$G$7)+(D2=$G$2:$G$7))>0,TRUE,FALSE)" as suggested by Juniad and that has resulted in the TRUE/FALSE values that will help heaps. Thanks so much everyone :D

Back