• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Update summary sheet

Abhijeet

Hi

I have data in excel that split on criteria Query & confirmation i want each trust how many query & confirmation i use pivot table But as per trust different work book update these data i want update that count also and tally both count i want match those counts so how can do this please tell me

Attachments

• pivot Table.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi Abhijeet ,

I am not able to understand your problem ; my questions are always longer than your answers ; I doubt that any problem can be solved in this fashion.

If you want answers to your problems , please explain in as much detail as possible.

Regarding your present problem , I can see in the file that there is input data , and there is a pivot table ; what next ?

What is the problem you want solved ?

I understand that you have uploaded one file which has one way of presenting the data , and according to this file , you get one value for the counts.

If you wish to tally these counts with those in another file , you need to upload that file too , otherwise how do you expect any answer ?

If this is not your problem , please explain , and please do not repeat an earlier explanation.

Narayan

Hi
Narayan That pivot table Data is Trust wise all trust are in that i want to tally single trust wise workbooks & same data but individual trust wise workbooks thats why i am not upload

Hi Abhijeet ,

I am sorry but I am still not able to understand your requirement ; can you please state your requirement ?

First , I do not know why you are talking of a pivot table ; a pivot table is part of the data processing stage.

The starting point for a problem specification is :

1. What is your input data ? If possible , please upload a workbook with as much real-life working data as possible.

2. What is the required output ? If possible , for the same input data , as available in the uploaded workbook in step 1 , manually prepare one or more worksheets / workbooks , showing what the output will be in each of them.

3. What is the process to derive the output(s) from the input(s) ; describe this in as much detail as possible , taking into account all the variations in input data , and all the possibilities in the output(s).

If this is not possible , I doubt that at least I can help. Please see if someone else can help.

Narayan

Hi, Naryan

I upload file Different workbooks Data i pasted in tabs.I use Countifs formula i need this result but i want this auto update the numbers.Please tell me

Attachments

• pivot Table.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Abhijeet ,

This will be my last post in this thread.

I can now understand that you have different workbooks , which has segregated the input data based on the Trust number.

When you say you want to auto update the numbers , which numbers do you wish to auto update ?

Do you want that the numbers in the different workbooks will auto update when you change the data on the Main Data tab ?

If so , there are any number of threads in this forum , as well as a blog post that describe how input data in one workbook can be separated to multiple worksheets / workbooks based on criteria.

Narayan

Hi Abhijeet ,

Column M and column Q contain the trust numbers ; do you want these to update if you change the input data ?

The counts are in columns N , O , R and S.

Narayan

yes i did with formula but in different workbooks then how will put that counts & update automatically all different workbook are saved in 1 folder

Hi Abhijeet ,

Upload one other workbook , so that the formula can be written for that workbook ; you can do the same for the other workbooks.

To refer to an external workbook , all that has to be done is to prefix the worksheet tab name by [Workbook Name] , inclusive of the square brackets.

Thus , if your existing formula is :

=COUNTIFS('Worksheet tab name'!$C:$C,'Split Data'!$Q3,'Worksheet tab name'!$F:$F,'Split Data'!R$2)

it will become :

=COUNTIFS('[Workbook Name]Worksheet tab name'!$C:$C,'Split Data'!$Q3,'[Workbook Name]Worksheet tab name'!$F:$F,'Split Data'!R$2)

Narayan

Hi
Can any one help me on this i use this formula but its take much time
=SUM(IF('C:\Users\swami\Desktop\[pivot tamp.xlsx]Sheet1'!$C:$C=$Q4,IF('C:\Users\swami\Desktop\[pivot tamp.xlsx]Sheet1'!$F:$F=R$2,1,0)))

Please give me macro

3 Different workbook data is here

Attachments

• 100.xlsx
    8 KB · Views: 1
  • 101.xlsx
    8 KB · Views: 1
  • 102.xlsx
    8.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi Abhijeet,

See the file. Steps to follow.

Copy all the files 100,101,102 in a folder on a desktop.
Run the code it will ask for the folder, select your folder and the code will run.

Regards,

Attachments

• Abhijeet_Chandoo.xlsm
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi
I want Same result which u give me above macro Only These data is split into sheets So please give me as per this data macro.I have mention expected result in this file

Attachments

• Main Data.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
These are sample 3 Workbooks data

Attachments

• 100.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 101.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 102.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
In Your Above Macro Trust Numbers are update from file names from each file trust number column so update from that sheets these Trust numbers

Back