• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Speedometer chart problem: Aligning pie chart with doughnut chart.

I am experimenting with a speedometer chart once more. I have a doughnut chart with values ranging from 0 thru 100 to form the upper half of the dial/gauge. I have created a pie chart with a needle showing in black. All other slices have been set to a transparent background fill.

I am having trouble trying to align the needle over the dial so that I get an accurate reading based on the actual value (dial value in K44 of the tab called 'Metric').

I just can't figure out the formula to determine exactly how to position the needle. I have tried using proportions of 180 and 360, but nothing is working.

1. Can anybody offer any suggestions?
2. Also, on the doughnut chart, notice how I have the values 0 - 100 displayed outside of the chart. To do this, I had to move each individual label. Is there an menu option that can do the same thing? The reason why I ask is because the alignment of each data label isn't perfect. I didn't see any options similar to what you see when using a pie chart.

Attachments

• Stock Dashboard II.xlsm
    153.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
gauge-chart-data.png

Check this one for complete detail..

http://usefulgyaan.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/gauge-chart/

Hi ,

See if this helps.

NOTE : The uploaded file is NOT an Excel workbook. It is a Word document ; I have renamed it so that I can upload it here ; please rename it to Example_Speedometer.docx before opening it.

Narayan

Attachments

• Example_Speedometer.xlsx
    97.8 KB · Views: 16
Back