• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Reminder popup on system

Tanz

I would like to create a pop up message box on system without opening the excel file.

Where in, when today's date = Date1 the pop up msg should display on my system, same with Date2 and Date3.

Thanks.

Good day Tanz

What are you trying to achieve?
You do not want it in an Excel file but on your system!
To do what, remind you to open a file and do something with it?

If it is a reminder why not use the calendar in outlook of what ever email/calendar you use to display a reminder with sound if needed.

Hi, Tanz!
Why don't you use the task schedule built-in on Windows? You'll only have to define what are Date1, Date2 and Date3. As per your question they're not necessarily related to the Excel file. And if they are, only Mandrake would be able (in a lucky day) to guess their values without opening it... :confused:
Regards!

In our company we maintain a daily report on excel, which has 3 columns with different dates, for each when the date arrives we have to follow some procedure, so we have to keep on opening and check the file everyday if the due date has arrived, and this is for huge volumes. So thought if can have a link with those excel entries and try to have a popup message when the date has arrived.. :):D

Hi, Tanz!

I think you have 2 major paths to choose from:
1) Do it opening the Excel file.
2) Do it from outside.

If you ask me, I'd go for the 1st. It solves the issue of accessing the file.

If you go for the 2nd, you could use Outlook calendar features or Windows Task Scheduler features or any other agenda stuff available.

Depending on which you choose, the procedures will be quite different, so I'd recommend you to analyze the notifications methods that each alternative offers: message boxes, mails, etc.

For the 1st you may want to give a look at this thread, where there's an implementation of OnTime methods for adding and removing:
http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/run-macro-every-x-minutes.12528/#post-74343

Regards!

Back