• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Refresh the charts linked to excel using VBA

Naveen N

Dear Reader

I have many workbooks, where charts are created. I copy these graphs to presentation and paste as link to source.

The issue I have is I need to select the chart in ppt and refresh the charts. This I have do every month when the data changes.

Can you please help if we can refresh the graphs using the VBA.

Regards,
Naveen N

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. This helps to resolve my query.

One more problem I have is, I copy the chart from excel and paste it in ppt (link to source data and Keep source formatting).

When people add or remove rows to excel the graphs in ppt charts are not proper.

Please suggest how to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Naveen N

I'd have to know more what you mean by "charts are not proper". It no longer is looking at right data, it gets shifted, it creates an error, or it simply uses bad grammar? ;)

HI Luke,

sorry for not providing the complete information.

Its looking at wrong data and either the chart is blank or displays wrong information.

Regards,
Naveen N

I would look at how the data range for the chart is defined. Ideally, you'll want to use an XL table so that as data is removed/added, the chart's range automatically adjusts.

Hi Luke,

Please find enclosed sample file.
Some of the cells have formulas.

Regards,
Naveen N

Attachments

• Sample_metric.xls
    442 KB · Views: 7
Back