• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert image in Comment

iPepere

I used Mr Excel's tip on inserting an image into an Excel sheet using a Comment. It requires using the Data Validation to change the names and bring up a new picture. First question can this be done without having to use Data Validation? Secondly, I am using Excel 2010 when I send the spreadsheet to someone using Excel 2007 the Data Validation is no longer there and I cannot create it on his spreadsheet on his computer, why?

Hi, iPepere!

In your other topic -very similar to this one-:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/insert-photos-in-excel-upon-name-change-in-a-cell

Two weeks ago I uploaded and sent you a solution for what you defined as your issue, and in the definition there was a drop down list (cell I1 in the uploaded workbook) with Data Validation against column A.

Does that worked for you? Because I haven't got no feedback.

And related to your first point, yes, it can be down without Data Validation, and that workbook does it. Data Validation is just used to select a value from column A. If you want to enter manually the value in I1, the workbook will still add the images as requested.

And related to your second point, I've got no Excel 2007 machines 'til Monday, so wait NARAYANK991's check out.

Regards!

Back