• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

If/Then with date range and reference

la la na

There is likely a simple way to do the formatting that I want, but- I certainly don't know how. I'm open to any suggestions.

Here's my goal:

I would like a column for prorated dues in 2013. Not everyone on the spread sheet owes prorated dues, so here is my idea that needs to be translated into a formula:

IF date in A1 occurs in 2012 = A2 (has a formula that calculates the prorated fee). OR - IF date in A1 does not occur in 2012 cell is blank or somehow indicates that the person in that particular row does not owe a prorated fee- for instance, anyone whose date in A1 is before 2012 will owe $480, and anyone after 2012 will not owe anything until 2013 (I'm not too worried about the 2013 people yet).

One of the problems that I have is that I do not know how to express 2012 as a condition in a formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Goo day la la na

To upload just upload to Dropbox or similar site and the publish the link here so the members can go to the site and down load your workbook. Further help is on the front page of the forum in the green stickies at the top, third one down

try this:

=IF(YEAR(A1)=2012,"Prorated Dues","Does not owe prorated Dues")

Replace the "Prorated Dues" part with the calculation that you need.

Back