• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with comparison chart and drop down menu in chart

Hello I am new to charting,

If any of you could kind refer the attached spreadsheet and help draft a graph that compares Actual vs Budget of NET IT Expense with Periods on Y axis. And to introduce a drop down menu in the graph to select the highlighed subtotals in grey (Net FTE Costs, Net people cost)

ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Dumbo

Attachments

• Graph Query.xlsx
    109.8 KB · Views: 7
See attached
The chart uses Two Named Formula Actuals and Budget
Budget is simply offset 14 columns to the right of Actuals

Actuals is a simple Offset formula that looks up the index value choosen from the Drop down box and yses that to retries the offset value from a table of offsets below the chart

Attachments

• Graph Query-Hui.xlsx
    113.3 KB · Views: 23
Thank you very much Hui. This is exactly what i wanted. if you could also please let me know how to bring in the drop down menu in chart

Select the Chart
Goto the Developer Tab
Select Insert, Drop Down (Form control)
Right click on it
Format

Hi Hui, Coming back to this again please. If you notice the attached file you had solved for me, in the Mthly tab, Row 2 , column O, P and Q show forecast , and the months before are actuals. I would like the budget remain as it is. I would like to show the bar columns for O, P and Q as dotted line to mean they are forecast

Attachments

• Graph_Query-Hui.xlsx
    117.3 KB · Views: 1
see attached
I am not using named formula now
I am using the Yellow area for the data

Attachments

• Graph_Query-Hui.xlsx
    114.3 KB · Views: 7
Excel does that
If I'd used 0's they would have displayed as 0 but #N/A is ignored

Thanks Hui but that does not seem to be working for me. I have attached my file here. Can you please look if you have some time. Thanks heaps for all your earlier help

Attachments

• Graph Query.xlsx
    194.5 KB · Views: 3
Strange

The Actual and Forecast must be Stacked Column
The Budget must be on Axis 2
Then it seemed to just work

Attachments

• Graph Query.xlsx
    182.4 KB · Views: 14
HI Hui, I saw the secondary series and applied it to the budget. But how do I make the bar appear inside or outside the actual bar ? that will look like a thermometer. At the momement my budget bar is not appearing within the actual bar

Back