• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help on formatting the query

HanSam

I am trying to consolidate a few files with the same structure inside a folder using power query. My problem is that the structure of the files is a little bit weird and I cannot for a few days already can't figure out how to complete the query.

The structure of the files are on Sheet1 and the expected output is on Sheet2 on the fgi

Sample

You haven't put the values you expect to see from Sheet1 on Sheet2!
I'm guessing these files are not Excel files, and you've imported them somehow? Could you attach one or two source files? It's essential that these files haven't even been seen by Excel, let alone loaded into Excel! (Let's pray they're not print files for sending to a printer!)

Here you go. The actual downloaded file from SAP I think is a text file but is saved as .xls file. In the attached file however, I just copied a piece of data from the original file to an .xlsx file. Hope those are useful.

Attachments

• Samp.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 2
If your file from SAP is a text file and you've edited it in Excel it's already been mangled by Excel. The file you attached is an Excel file.
Ideally attach the file with it never having been opened in Excel. If the data is sensitive, open it instead in Notepad, delete entire rows, not any headers or anything above the headers, and do not insert/change any data, especially not any carriage returns (Enters) or line feeds. Leave a few rows of data untouched.

The SAP file might come as a CSV file, which Excel likes to think is its privilege to own.

ps. What version of Excel?

Last edited:
Back