• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

graph data label only for last data point

stevel227

I occasionally create a "growth of a dollar" chart showing how a $1 investment grows over time, given a certain investment return stream. The chart I create is a simple growth line chart. I would like to have the final value on this chart show up on the graph. I know I can select Chart Options ... Data Labels ... Value. But this adds all of the values for the entire data set. How do I get just the last one to show up?

Thanks!

SteveL227

After selecting the data series, single-click again on the last data point to only select that point. Then, Right-click, and "Format Data point" You can now add the label to just the last point. =)

hope u dont mind me adding extended questions.

i am following Chandoo's custom label tips at http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/05/05/change-data-labels-in-charts/

and uses Chart Labeler too.

also, i did a dynamic chart whereby it will always show last 7-days of the data (rows).

the problem that i encountered is when new data is added, the label will not "move". Obviously it wont, as the label box has "absolute" referencing to a custom text.

so the question is, how do i make the last-data point label always point to the correct custom text?

thanks!

Davidlim

Instead of adding labels to an existing series

Add a new Dummy series

Set up a dummy label series next to that

Add an equation to the series which will put a NA() in all cells except the last one

In the New labels series add an equation which sets all the labels to "" except the last one

Add the series to the chart and set all colors to None, so that it doesn't show up

Add labels to the new series position/format as required

Is it possible in a dynamic Data Range?

I Have one Line chart which shows the daily achievemnt. I set the chart range as dynamic Chart Range based on the date value. Is there any way to show the data label only the last data poit automatically?

Back