• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copy the Variable Data from GST site and insert to excel sheet

VDS

Dear All experts,

I am trying to create a customer database as per the excel file called "Dummy Data."-Attached. The variable data of excel file is taken from a pdf file after copy and paste. (attached).

The attached pdf file is downloaded from the google Site, contains the GST details of a particular customer and is in editable format.

What I request from the experts of this forum that kindly suggest any macro to extract the variable data "GST TIN" , "LEGAL NAME OF BUSINESS" "CONSTITUTION OF BUSINESS" and PRINCIPAL PLACE OF ADDRESS" from the PDF file and paste into excel.

Is it possible to run any macro command to open the pdf file and just paste the desired data in excel file ? The total files are around 50-60. Manually copy and paste is little time consuming.

Any valuable solutions is much appreciated.

VDS

Attachments

• Goods & Services Tax (GST) _ Services- ANNIE COMMUNICATION.pdf
    218.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Dummy data....xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for your reply. But I am not expert in Powerquery/data. When I try to get the pdf copied, the data gets truncated. Can you please correct this ?

I am using excel office professional 2010. see pdf version.

Attachments

• New Microsoft Excel Worksheet (2).pdf
    28 KB · Views: 3
I don't think the 2010 PQ add-in allows for pdf importing ( thank you MicroSoft :confused:). High time to upgrade ..

Good luck with your query ( will need VBA I think)
:)

I can work on VB Code. If any of the experts work on this query and provide a solution, will be most welcome.

VDS..

Back