• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combine this formula so that I get only result when cell is not Blank.

Belleke

Code:
=IF(EXACT(A2,UPPER(A2)),"Upper Case",IF(EXACT(A2,LOWER(A2)),"Lower Case","Upper and Lower Case"))
Now I get Upper Case when cell is empty.

Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",IF(EXACT(A2,UPPER(A2)),"Upper Case",IF(EXACT(A2,LOWER(A2)),"Lower Case","Upper and Lower Case")))
?

IFS might make it a bit easier to understand.
=IFS(ISBLANK(A2), "", EXACT(A2)=upper(A2), "upper case", EXACT(A2) = lower(A2), "lower case", "Mix case")

IFS might make it a bit easier to understand.
=IFS(ISBLANK(A2), "", EXACT(A2)=upper(A2), "upper case", EXACT(A2) = lower(A2), "lower case", "Mix case")
Almost;
Code:
=IFS(ISBLANK(A2), "", EXACT(A2,UPPER(A2)), "upper case", EXACT(A2,LOWER(A2)), "lower case", TRUE,"Mix case")

Almost;
Code:
=IFS(ISBLANK(A2), "", EXACT(A2,UPPER(A2)), "upper case", EXACT(A2,LOWER(A2)), "lower case", TRUE,"Mix case")
Yes, I forgot the true part, that happens when you reply with your smartphone and you don't have excel on it. Not that smart:rolleyes:

Another approach, using Find
beware with items in column A like Aa, MAma, CANcan
Can be mitigated with the likes of =IF(A2="","",IFERROR(IF(FIND(A2,UPPER(A2)&"¬"&LOWER(A2))=1,"Upper","Lower"),"Mix")&" case")
I'll get my coat…

beware with items in column A like Aa, MAma, CANcan
Can be mitigated with the likes of =IF(A2="","",IFERROR(IF(FIND(A2,UPPER(A2)&"¬"&LOWER(A2))=1,"Upper","Lower"),"Mix")&" case")
I'll get my coat…
Thank you for your great catch.

Back