• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Chart Formatting Changes When Using Slicer

Hi All

I created a dynamic report with several charts all connected to a single slicer in Excel 2010. The slicer, "Agency", contains about 60 agencies, so when users click on it the charts automatically update with the data just for that particular agency.

For some reason when I create a chart and format it the way I want, when I click on another agency using the slicer, the chart automatically changes back to Excel's default formatting. I've tried creating the chart with no filter applied, using a specific template as the chart selection, and also setting it as the default chart but the problem still occurs.

I really do not want to have to change the chart type to my custom template 60 times in a row for each chart.

Does anyone know how I can make Excel keep my chart formatting for all slicer selections that doesn't require a macro?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

i was facing the same error, and after a lot of searching , this was the only useful resource i could find.. anyways ... i have a solution, which is probably the easiest.
I wrote a macro to clear all slicers.
Code:
Sub Button1_Click()
Dim slcr As SlicerCache

For Each slcr In ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches

slcr.ClearManualFilter
    Next slcr
End Sub

once you chose all option to create the desired chart, clear all slicers before proceeding to select different options, this tends not to mess up the chart formatting.

I have a chart with a line chart and a bar chart on secondary axis and 5 slicers 1 timeline which filters data in a pivot from where the chart takes its data. after i am done setting my desired values in all 5 slicers and looking at the chart, i simply click my reset button (see above macro) before choosing other options in the slicers

Back