• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Annual Rollover of complex worksheet

eBoof

Hi all,

I have a very complex spread sheet with many years of data. Each year I need to roll it over to the following year. This means starting off with a new blank Yearly table.

I inherited the table the way it is.

Each year we add a new year to each of the Franchisee worksheets (in the example Adel, Airlie and Bay.) The way the spreadsheet is structured it is done at the top of the worksheets ( I don't know why). The problem is that this changes the cell references to point to the old data in the new location. Is there any way to prevent the cells from doing this. I have included a sample file and changed the first Franchisee worksheet to reflect the problem.

Here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1h1x8om2vcyygpj/KzsdQFtKan

Kind regards

Rob

Hi Rob ,

I think the easiest way to get around this problem is not to insert !

Why don't you just copy the existing data for 2012 and 2011 to the location where the data for 2011 exists , and then rename the current portion as data for 2013. That way the yearly_table will never be affected.

Narayan

Thank you that will work. The copy and paste will be massive but it should work okay. Thanks a lot

Back