• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Compile Data from multiple sheet in a sheet.

Hello SM Sir & All,
Kindly tell me how to compile data from multiple sheet(note-whatever data available in sheet) into a sheet.I dont have an idea about dis,so plz let me know.

Hi Ramesh,

I am expecting that when you say "multiple sheet", you mean multiple worksheet in the same workbook? or it means multiple workbooks? Kindly clarify.

Then this can be done with formula's or macros based on the volume of data you will handle, structure of your data, frequency of compiling.

Can you give more information on that. May be if you search the forum, you will get a lot of thread on this topic.

Regards,

Hi Ramesh,

I am expecting that when you say "multiple sheet", you mean multiple worksheet in the same workbook? or it means multiple workbooks? Kindly clarify.

Then this can be done with formula's or macros based on the volume of data you will handle, structure of your data, frequency of compiling.

Can you give more information on that. May be if you search the forum, you will get a lot of thread on this topic.

Regards,

Hi SM Sir,

First of all let me know about multiple worksheet in the same workbook in simple way and then I would like to know about multiple workbooks.
so nice of U for urs response!!
thanks

@Ramesh Deo

I am asking for a sample file from your side :) , not uploading any sample file.

Regards,
Hello SM Sir,
Good evening!!!!!!
sir u can also give an example bt anyway am uploading a sample file for multiple worksheet in the same workbook. and multiple workbooks into a worksheet.
Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• compiling.xlsx
    176.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Ramesh,

See the attached file, I had used Pivot Table to compile sheets, some columns are not reflecting correct values because of text and numbers in same columns.

This is just one out of many ways. If you can tell the format in which you want your output, than something more can be worked out.

Regards,

Attachments

• compiling.xlsx
    459.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi Ramesh,

See the attached file, I had used Pivot Table to compile sheets, some columns are not reflecting correct values because of text and numbers in same columns.

This is just one out of many ways. If you can tell the format in which you want your output, than something more can be worked out.

Regards,
By this method if any duplicate value is in other given worksheet then it will take or not? and i dint get it how u did dis,please let me know about row ,colum and page1,how u did this,simply when we make pivot, it takes row and column header automaticly.

@Ramesh Deo

First, Pivot table merge duplicates values (in Row labels) and give the total count or total sum or total of field setting.

Second, this feature of creating pivot table from multiple sheets is available in Excel version 2003 and up (I hope so) In 2003 it was available as standard feature. In 2007, 2010 (I can't comment about 2013 as I had not used it yet), this can be accessed through keyboard shortcut ALT+D+P. Below is the pic of the wizard, just try using it if you face some problem in it, write back.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

@Ramesh Deo

First, Pivot table merge duplicates values (in Row labels) and give the total count or total sum or total of field setting.

Second, this feature of creating pivot table from multiple sheets is available in Excel version 2003 and up (I hope so) In 2003 it was available as standard feature. In 2007, 2010 (I can't comment about 2013 as I had not used it yet), this can be accessed through keyboard shortcut ALT+D+P. Below is the pic of the wizard, just try using it if you face some problem in it, write back.

View attachment 5963

Regards,
So nice of u sir,i had no idea on check the consolidation range only i have used excel list or databse then alt d p.
let my try ,n thank a lot sir.

and let me know how can write a macro so that i can use anywhere for whatever data available in multiple worksheet for the same!!

Hi Ramesh,

If you're looking for a macro solution to combine multiple worksheets/workbooks into a summary location, check out the code examples written by Ron de Bruin here:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

Ron writes excellent tutorials showing how to use the code, with plenty of comments. You can browse through the different examples to find out which one best matches your situation, and go from there. If you get stuck with the implementation, let us know, and we'll try to help. :)

Hi Ramesh,

If you're looking for a macro solution to combine multiple worksheets/workbooks into a summary location, check out the code examples written by Ron de Bruin here:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

Ron writes excellent tutorials showing how to use the code, with plenty of comments. You can browse through the different examples to find out which one best matches your situation, and go from there. If you get stuck with the implementation, let us know, and we'll try to help. :)

thnks for sugestion and comment like ""A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." and i deserve it coz i dont hav knowledge about excel actually sir, i am trying to learn excel. and bt i can't learn through u den i'll not ask u again.

Back