• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Format Dilemma

dparteka

This has now given me a headache, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. In H42 I have a conditional format with this formula in it...

OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(F42="Profile",F42="Angle Deg",F42="Angu",F42="Runout",F42="Concent",F42="Cylind",F42="Flat",F42="Parall",F42="Perpen",F42="Posi",F42="Round",F42="Straigh",F42="Surf",F42="Symm")))

The formula is accepted without errors but is not changing the format. The text that is being searched for is just a portion of the actual text string in F42, I had to do that to shorten the formula to stay within the maximum character limitations.

Hi Paul and thanks for the quick reponse... putting the formula in any cell returns a message that says the formula contains an error.

Code:
=ISNUMBER(SEARCH(","&F42&",",",Profile,Angle Deg,Angu,Runout,Concent,Cylind,Flat,Parall,Perpen,Posi,Round,Straigh,Surf,Symm,"))

Paul... file is upload, looks like the SEARCH function might be the problem

Attachments

• TRAD Feature List.xls
    134.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

See if this works :

=OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"Profile","Angle Deg","Angu","Runout","Concent","Cylind","Flat","Parall","Perpen","Posi","Round","Straigh","Surf","Symm"},F42)))

Narayan

Narayan... returns the message "You may not use union, intersection or array constants for conditional formatting criteria"

Hi ,

Sorry , I should have known.

What you can do is define a named range called , say SearchCriteria , and in its RefersTo box , enter the following :

={"Profile","Angle Deg","Angu","Runout","Concent","Cylind","Flat","Parall","Perpen","Posi","Round","Straigh","Surf","Symm"}

Now , for the CF , use the formula :

=OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(SearchCriteria,F42)))

Narayan

Hi:

Please find the attached using helper columns.

Thanks

Attachments

• TRAD Feature List.xls
    132.5 KB · Views: 3
Back