• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Brio and Excel connection

Ankita Priya

Hello,

I need to create a macro where the data source is a query from BRIO. I tried using the connection thread but I could not retrieve the desired results. Please help.

My purpose is connect the macro with BRIO to get the data and then save the new reports in excel form in C drive

Ankita

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

I am unsure what BRIO is, so have you tried asking the same question in the BRIO forums ?

Thanks Hui..
Brio is a query and reporting tool that allows easy data retrieval from databases, including the iSeries database.
Brio is similar to other extraction tools such as business objects or cognos.

I have a Brio Query from where I use the data and create multiple reports. To reduce manual work I want to create a macro.
I can copy the data in excel and then write a macro but data is too huge and sometime excel can go unresponsive.

I got concrete and related question:

I want to use Excel VBA to get data from Brio 8.5

When I use the following code, I get this error message.

Run-time error ‘429’
ActiveX component can’t create object Can’t even create object…

Anyone can help?

Sub create_object()
Dim mybrio As Object
Set mybrio = CreateObject(“BrioQuery.Application”)
End Sub

Thanks a lot for response. I have an issue with references, excel cannot find brioqry.tlb reference file. Dont you know where I can possibly fix or download this? Or is there re-installation of excel needed? Thanks once again.

Back