• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need 1 Formula for GIR's, Up/Downs, GIR Putts in Golf Spreadsheet

BL84

Hi guys,
In the attached spreadsheet the "red X" marks the columns where I would like the needed data to appear. Rows 17-25. I input Fairways and 1-2-3+ putts manually. All the info from this "Pre" sheet will be transferred to the monthly sheets. Only "April" is ready at this time. The rest will be adjusted as needed. If possible, I need a formula that will encompass GIR, Up/Down, and GIR Putts. Other formulas as needed could be input to blank cells somewhere on the "Pre" sheet. Scores are input in columns b:j, and rows 5-256. I can do what's needed if I have a sheet for every round played, but I don't want to input on 200+ sheets. There is an example of a partial 1 round, 1 sheet in the upper right portion of the "Pre" sheet. The formula for GIR is in the cells M11:U11. Here's an example of what I'd like to be able to do.

Par for hole #1 = 4
Score for hole #1 = 3
Putts for hole #1 = 1
GIR for hole #1 = 2

From that info I know that I hit the GIR, I had 1 GIR putt and there was not an up/down attempt. I can barely handle the formulae in my spreadsheet now, so I know I can't create a formula that includes multiple criteria. My goal here is to input the scores and have as much info automatically appear as possible. Any help would be much appreciated. If I need to clarify anything, please let me know.

Thanks

BL84

Attachments

• Stats (B).xlsx
    149.1 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum BL84,

What all information is provided as the input/raw input? It looks like we need to know the score for the hole, as well as how many hits were made on fairway and green. Is that correct? If so, where is that information to be provided? You also have output sheets for different months, but I'm not sure where dates are given as an input.

Welcome to the forum BL84,

What all information is provided as the input/raw input? It looks like we need to know the score for the hole, as well as how many hits were made on fairway and green. Is that correct? If so, where is that information to be provided? You also have output sheets for different months, but I'm not sure where dates are given as an input.

Hi Luke,
The different months would collect data by the round played. If I played 30 rounds in April, I'd have May start collecting data with round 31. Those other months won't be set until I see how many rounds I play in April, then May, then June etc. I still need help with formulas for my "New Pre" sheet. If I can upload that spreadsheet, I'll do that in a few moments. It will be listed under the title, "How do I add/average cells that are not consecutive, with data in-between?" I just viewed a video that helps with that, but I'd love to see what you have to say. I'll try to explain in better detail with my next post.

Thanks

BL84

That might help. I'll say up front, the key to workbook design is the layout. Ideally, we want to get all our raw data in a single table, and then we use our analysis and formulas from there. It sounds like in your case, could do with a table with column headings of:
Date | Hole | # Putts | Hole Score

Then, we could have a reference table showing:
Hole | Par

With those two tables, I would be able to create reports by month showing how you did on average for each hole, or how the total score changed, or how the putting went. Does that make sense?

That might help. I'll say up front, the key to workbook design is the layout. Ideally, we want to get all our raw data in a single table, and then we use our analysis and formulas from there. It sounds like in your case, could do with a table with column headings of:
Date | Hole | # Putts | Hole Score

Then, we could have a reference table showing:
Hole | Par

With those two tables, I would be able to create reports by month showing how you did on average for each hole, or how the total score changed, or how the putting went. Does that make sense?

Absolutely! The spreadsheet I was showing you wasn't complete. I was just trying to find out if some formulas could be "invented" using only my scores. I don't think it's possible for what I'm doing. Therefore, I set-up the "New Pre" sheet.

Thanks & I'll keep watching,

BL84

Back