• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Form with Scroll from scratch

I was reading this article by John Walkenbach . He was point out all the problem with the current form and scrolling. He say that he has made an excellent Enhanced Data Form to the one that Microsoft currently has in the toolbox.

http://office-watch.com/t//?a=1560&template=print-article.htm

Can a VBA Form be created with a scroll capability without using some kind of wizard or someone else pre-built form? Are this worth buying this enhance data form?

Hi Clarence ,

The question you have asked , to build or to buy , is the most commonly asked question !

Building anything yourself , whether it be a bird-cage or a data-entry form , has the following factors which need to be considered :

Can you or anyone else you know

1. do it better ?

2. do it faster ?

3. do it cheaper ?

As far as your data-entry form goes , I doubt that there are too many people on forums in general , who can and will be willing to do it better than Walkenbach.

It is a given that no one can do it faster ; if you start developing it from scratch , for the same features , it will take anywhere from a day to a week. You can download the same from Walkenbach's website in minutes.

As far as cost is concerned , the package itself is free ; you need to pay only if you want the source code ; given the fact that you may not need to customize the code in any way , and given the fact that the code itself may be well designed and robust enough , it is unlikely that you will need the source code.

Given all of the above , I think you should immediately download the package and give it a try. It may well exceed your expectations.

Narayan

I am having a second problem with a filter. And I am not understanding why the Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) is not working. I do break but it does not step into the code. When I click on the Filter Lessee Name I get a error in this code.

Sub FilterName()
Sheet9.Range("E9").CurrentRegion.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CriteriaRange:=Range("O6:O7"), CopyToRange:=Range("C9:AU9"), Unique:=False
End Sub

Attachments

• DataServiceVerification.xlsm
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi Clarence ,

The most important point to remember , as far as the Advanced Filter is concerned , is that the field names in the original data range , and in the extract range should match , since this is the basis on which Excel will decide which data goes where.

If the main data range has a field named Entered Date , and the extract range has a field named Entered , Excel will generate an error ; the same holds true for the two fields which are named Equipment Deposit in the original data range , and Sub Total (Equipment Deposit) in the extract range.

The Worksheet_SelectionChange event procedure has the following statement in it :

lr = GetLastRow("D")

but I am not able to find the GetLastRow function anywhere in the workbook.

Narayan

Here is all of the code. Can you look at this and give me some pointers. You may have recall how my earlier form was looking. I saw that with all those column it was going to be a problem. I read that when you get past 20 rows it is counter productive to the user. I have went to dialog screen approach. But, I now see that you have to do allot of field validation. I have several field with calculations. I am not sure what is the best programming practice for this. I am a novice at this and need some direction on how best to code some things. I have attach the data file that we were working with before when you show me the union and intersection technique. I need help just tell what you can do to get me on the correct path. I am trying to not make a mess with this project.

Attachments

• cpjrDev_WorkBook_ver2.5.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 6
  • metadata.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
Back