• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Interactive list/table

Aaron D

I need to create a table or list that responds to what cell I click on. For example, if I click on the cell in my sheet that corresponds to July 2010 and let's say the data I want is the temperature, and what the weather was like, I want this list/table (off to the side of the data on my main sheet) to be populated with that information when July 2010 is clicked on ie,
Temperature:70 degrees Fahrenheit
Humidity:25%
Weather:Sunny

Same with going down the sheet, various months and years and having this above list populated with the corresponding data.

I don't need specific directions, per say, I just need to know what this is called, and I'll be able to do my own research.

Thanks!
ps. be gentle, slight excel noob here

Now come on, you said YOU would be doing the research, I am busy packing my Chandoo memorabilia before the site goes up in smoke.

the answer cell reference is inaccurate, if you actually read what i asked for. i don't want it to be static. i want it to change with clicks.

apologies and thank you for your help. after further searching and testing out various methods, I found that a combobox was more along the lines of what I was looking for. once again, sorry if I was rude, and thanks for your guidance.

Back