• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

When filtering, I lose Total row for calculations - How to keep?

BigD

I have a total row across the bottom that sums numbers for each week column. If I filter a column, I loose the total row. Is there a way to keep this total row while I filter different columns?

See attach file.

Thank you.

Attachments

• KBR Craft Forecast_Dustin.xlsm
    157.6 KB · Views: 6
The problem occurs if you try to share the workbook after you have created your tables so you should create a new blank document and start with sharing it and then proceed creating your tables or simply copy-paste them from your old document and it will work.

Hi Dustin, good to see you again!
When you appy a AutoFilter, XL usually guess as to what range you want to apply the filter. In your example workbook, it included the Total row, which is why it's getting filtered out. To correct:
Turn off AutoFilter.
Select range B3:AK306 (excludes Total Row).
Turn on AutoFilter.
You should now be able to filter w/o losing the Totals.

bobhc: Thank you for the input, but I need the workbook to be shared.

Luke M: Hi Luke! Thank you for repyling to my thread. I tried it several times without any luck. I continue to loose the total row. As bobhc commented, if I take it out of share mode, I can get it to work. Any more ideas or mind amending the attach file that I shared? Thank you again.

bobhc: Thank you for the input, but I need the workbook to be shared.

No,No,No what I am saying is create the shared workbook FIRST and then enter data, formulas, function, TABLES, CF and all the rest or as I pointed out, create the SHARED workbook and then just copy paste your sheets into it.

Hi Dustin ,

One possibility , since your file is already a macro-enabled file , is to have the following :
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
            Range("A307").EntireRow.Hidden = False
End Sub
Narayan

Dustin,

See attached. This is what I'm seeing on my end...with Total row showing. IS that not what you see, or is it not what you were wanting?

Attachments

• KBR_AutoFilter.xlsm
    163.1 KB · Views: 3
bobhc: no no no - :awesome:, kidding. Thank you for your patience and clarification. This did work, thank you.

Luke M: Your file worked perfect. I then went back to your instructions to try modifying the file again, and this worked too. Hence, I have no idea what I was doing yesterday. Thanks Luke.

Narayan: I tried this scenrio, and it worked as well. Thank you for the input.

Problem solved. You :awesome: make my life so much easier.

As first with the answer, I claim the coconut.......:p (Cannot go to the level of Luke M to get a few jammie donuts)

Back