Find out if a number has repetitive digits [formula homework]
Time for a quick formula finesse check. Let’s say you have a number in A1. What formula can you use to find out if it has duplicate digits.
For example, if A1 has 123405, then answer should be FALSE
and if A1 has 123455, then answer should be TRUE
Go ahead and post your answers (formulas, VBA or M script) in the comments section.
Clues and hints
Check out below formula tips to get some clues on how to solve this problem.
- Check if a range has 1 to n numbers
- Check if a range has duplicate values
- One more way to check if a list has duplicate items
More home work:
Why not indulge in some cheese, wine and Excel? That is how I like to enjoy my Tuesdays. Take up these homework problems to work out your formula muscles.
- How many employees are away during that big game?
- Can you solve the blood pressure problem?
- More home work and challenges
Leave a Reply
|D’oh – Visualizing Homer’s favorite sayings in Power BI||Histograms & Pareto charts in Excel – tutorial, tips and downloadable template|