Sumerian Voter Problem [IF formula homework]
Here is a simple IF formula challenge for you. Go ahead and post your answers in the comments section.
Can this person vote in Sumeria?
Imagine you are the chief election officer in the great country of Sumeria. You have introduced a new eligibility criteria for voters just before the grand presidential elections of 2016. In order to vote,
- Male citizens must be 21 years or older
- Female citizens must be 18 years or older
- Non-citizens can vote if they are 24 years or older and have been living in Sumeria since 1st of Jan 2006.
- Age should be calculated as of TODAY. For the purpose of age calculation, one year = 365 days.
So on one snowy April morning (it snows every month in Sumeria!), you find yourself staring at the Sumerian voter list. You need to find out if each person on that list can actually vote.
What formula would you write in the can vote? column.
Feel free to use below structural names or cell references in your answer.
- [@Gender] or C4
- [@[Date of Birth]] or D4
- [@Citizen] or E4
- [@[Resident Since]] or F4
Go ahead and figure out the formula
And share your answers in the comments section.
Download the Sumerian voter list if you want practice data.
NOTE: When posting >= or > symbols in the formula, replace them with GTE or GT. Otherwise, wordpress (my blogging software) will eat up your > symbols.
Leave a Reply
|Excel Tips, Tricks, Cheats & Hacks – Microsoft MVP Edition||Earth Venus cosmic dance – Animated chart in Excel|