CP053: Excel Data Validation for Dummies
In the 53rd session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s talk about data validation.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is data validation
- How Excel DV compares with database & software DV?
- Types of data validation rules
- List & custom rules explained
- Input & error messages
- Alternatives to data validation
- Enhancing data validation
- Removing data validation rules
- Homework problem for you
- Resources & show notes
Listen to this session
Resources for this podcast
- Excel basics: How to add drop down box data validation rules?
- Either-or condition as validation rule
- Making data validations dynamic
- VLOOKUP + Data validation = magic
- Copy data validations using Paste Special, Remove them with Paste Special
Advanced validation examples:
- Advanced data validation techniques (custom rules)
- Unsorted, duplicate column as source
- Mix conditional formatting with DV for awesome results
Data validation in play – case studies:
Data validation home work – your answer
Did you get the answer for homework? Please post your answers / explanations in the comments section.
Introducing our Online Power BI Class:
Would you like to join me on a date with Power BI? In this comprehensive online class, learn all about Power BI so you can create beautiful, insightful & interactive reports. Join me and rest of the play mates for our first ever Power BI Play Date.Click here to know more and join us.
Leave a Reply
|Unpivot and then pivot for clarity (case study)||How to create animated charts in Power Point [VBA]|