CP045: Introduction to Monte Carlo Simulations in Excel
In the 45th session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s get in to Monte Carlo simulations.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- Quick personal updates – 200km BRM and book delay
- History of Monte Carlo simulations
- Monte Carlo simulations – an example
- How to do simulations in Excel
- Data Tables
- Using data tables to run simulations – case study – estimating Pi value
- Things to keep in mind when setting up your simulation models
- Resources on Monte Carlo simulations in Excel
Listen to this session
Resources on Monte Carlo simulations
Articles & tutorials on data tables & Monte Carlo simulations
- The best explanation about data tables & Monte Carlo simulations
- Estimating Pi ? value by throwing frozen hot dogs on Excel charts
- Simulating Monopoly board game to find best strategies
Example workbook – Estimating Pi value with Monte Carlo simulations
- 50 ways to analyze your data from Chandoo
50 ways to analyze data is a comprehensive online course to help you become a better analyst. In this course, you will learn how to create Monte Carlo simulations, optimization models, advanced analysis models & visualizations.
Transcript of this session:
Simulate stuff? Stimulate someone, share stories…
Do you simulate stuff at your work (or personal life)? If so, please share your experience with rest of Chandoo.org audience. Post your simulation process, tips & ideas in the comments section.
Introducing our Online Power BI Class:
Would you like to join me on a date with Power BI? In this comprehensive online class, learn all about Power BI so you can create beautiful, insightful & interactive reports. Join me and rest of the play mates for our first ever Power BI Play Date.Click here to know more and join us.
Leave a Reply
|How countries spend their money – chart alternatives||Unpivot data quickly with Power Query [tutorial]|