CP042: Financial Analysis & Modeling concepts – 101
In the 42nd session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s talk about money. We are going to learn about various concepts that are vital for doing financial analysis and building models.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- Quick announcement about Awesome August
- 5 key finance concepts
- Time value of money
- Compound interest
- Risk free rate of return
- Net Present Value – NPV
- Internal Rate of Return – IRR
- Case study – Uber vs. Your car
Listen to this session
Resources to learn about financial analysis & modeling
Uber vs. Your car – Analysis model
- NPV – what is it and how to calculate it in Excel?
- IRR – how to calculate it?
- CAGR – how to calculate it?
- Introduction to financial modeling using Excel – 6 part tutorial
- Cost vs. benefit analysis – which bulbs to use?
- Interactive mortgage calculator
- How much money you need to retire?
- Project finance modeling in Excel – case study
- Data tables & Montecarlo simulations in Excel – Gold mine case study
- Financial Modeling school from Chandoo.org – this online course teaches you all the concepts necessary to build full-length valuation & analysis models using Excel
- 50 Ways to analyze data from Chandoo.org – this online course makes you awesome in all aspects of data analysis, reporting & visual analysis using Excel
Transcript of this session:
According to you, What are key concepts for financial analysis?
I shared my opinion and explained 5 concepts in the podcast. Now its your turn.
Tell me what are the key concepts to master if someone needs to learn about financial analysis & modeling? Please share your thoughts and inputs in the comments section.
Leave a Reply
|Format faster with paste special & double click [video]||Work with charts faster using selection pane & select object tools [quick video tip]|