CP039: May the FOR Loop be with you – Introduction to For Loops in Excel VBA
In the 39th session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s learn about FOR loops.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is a loop – plain English & technical definitions
- For Loop vs. other kind of loops (While & Until)
- For Next loops
- For Each loops
- Nested For loops
- Special tips on For loops
- Performance issues & infinite loops
- Conclusions & giveaway
Listen to this session
Links & Resources mentioned in this podcast
Introduction to VBA
- Introduction to Excel VBA – 5 part crash course
- Introduction to VBA – what is it and how to get started – Podcast #22
Using FOR Loops – Examples
- Looking up when data wont play nice – Using FOR Loops
- Understanding variables, conditions & loops in VBA
- Split an Excel file in to many using For Each loop
Transcript of this session:
Are FOR loops strong with your VBA code?
I personally favor FOR loops over While loops. I learned about loops in 1996 (in BASIC language). Any powerful application or program I have built ever since has its share of FOR loops. They are vital for doing awesome things with computers.
What about you? Do you use FOR loops often? When do you use them? What are your favorite implementations. Please share your tips & thoughts in the comments area.
Leave a Reply
|How to find out if a text contains question? [Excel formulas]||Announcing Awesome August|