CP038: Data to Ink Ratio – What is it, How to optimize it, Techniques & Discussion
In the 38th session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s optimize data to ink ratio of your charts.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is Data to Ink Ratio?
- Obvious ways to optimize Data to Ink Ratio
- More ways to optimize Data to Ink ratio
- Highlighting what is important
Listen to this session
Links & Resources mentioned in this podcast
Recommended Books for creating better charts:
- Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few
- Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte
Optimizing data to ink ratio – Charting case studies
- Closing gaps in gender equality chart
- Why 3D pie charts are evil…
- Visualizing world education rankings
Techniques for highlighting what is important
- Display alerts in dashboards to grab user attention
- Adding meaning titles & legends to charts
- Never show simple numbers in your dashboards
Invitation to “Becoming a better analyst” Webinar
As mentioned in the podcast, I am running my first ever webinar on Wednesday, July 15th – 2015 (2PM EST). The topic is “How to become a BETTER analyst?”
Transcript of this session:
How do you optimize Data to Ink Ratio?
What about you? Do you worry about data to ink ratio when making charts? How do you optimize it? Do you have a process for it? Please share your tips by posting a comment.
Subscribe to Chandoo.org Podcast
Leave a Reply
|Are you an analyst? Use these 25 shortcuts & tricks to boost your productivity||Please join 50 ways to analyze data course to become an awesome analyst|