CP022: What’s a Macro? Introduction to Excel VBA, Macros & Automation
In the 22nd session of Chandoo.org podcast, lets do some macros.
What is in this session?
VBA (or macros, automation) is a mystery for many of us. So in this podcast, lets unravel the mystery behind it and get you started with the awesome world of automation.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- What is a macro?
- What is VBA then?
- Reasons for using VBA Macros
- Extending Excel’s capabilities
- How to get started with VBA Macros?
- Using Recorder
- Example Macro
- Going beyond recorder – Learning VBA
Listen to this session
Links & Resources for learning VBA Macros:
Getting started with VBA Macros – FREE 5 part crash course
- What is VBA & Writing your First VBA Macro in Excel
- Understanding Variables, Conditions & Loops in VBA
- Using Cells, Ranges & Other Objects in your Macros
- Putting it all together – Your First VBA Application using Excel
- My Top 10 Tips for Mastering VBA & Excel Macros
VBA Example Macros
VBA Video tutorials
Books for learning VBA
- Excel 2010 Power Programming by John Walkenbach
- Excel VBA for dummies by John Walkenbach
- More recommended books on VBA
Recommended training program
Learn from basics to advanced VBA in a self-paced, on-demand online training from me. With more than 24 hrs of video training material, 50 lessons, 50 example macro workbooks, home work exercises, 2 class projects and an online community, you can quickly learn ways to automate your work & save time.
Transcript of this session:
Are you new to VBA? What is stopping you from learning it?
When I first heard about VBA, I was not very interested (as explained in the podcast). But later when I got a job, I realized the potential of VBA and quickly embraced it.
What about you? Are you a VBA newbie? What is stopping you from learning it? Please share your fears and difficulties in the comments so that I can help you.
Introducing our Online Power BI Class:
Would you like to join me on a date with Power BI? In this comprehensive online class, learn all about Power BI so you can create beautiful, insightful & interactive reports. Join me and rest of the play mates for our first ever Power BI Play Date.Click here to know more and join us.
Leave a Reply
|A better chart to visualize “Best places to live” – Top 100 cities comparison Excel chart||CP023: My experience with Hudhud Cyclone [personal story]|