CP020: Top 10 time saving strategies for business analysts
In the 20th session of Chandoo.org podcast, lets save some time.
What is in this session?
We all want to save time and stay productive. The obvious answer seems like using keyboard shortcuts. But they can only get you so far. So what about the real productive strategies? That is what we address in this podcast.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- 5 key areas of business analyst work – tracking, analysis, reporting, data management & modeling
- Time saving strategies for tracking
- for analysis
- for reporting
- for data management
- for modeling
Here is a mind-map of this podcast.
Listen to this session
Links & Resources mentioned in this session:
- Tables: Use them to structure data & track easily
- Data validation: Use it to ensure that your input data is clean
- Pivot tables: help you quickly summarize data and get results (check out podcast session 18)
- Formulas: learn them to analyze better (also check out the podcast sessions 2 & 7)
- Format Painter: copy formatting from one range (or chart, object) to another easily
- Keyboard shortcuts: use them to save time (my favorite shortcuts podcast)
- Modeling best practices: Follow them to save time & create better models
Transcript of this session:
How do you save time? Tell us quickly
So how do you save time when working with Excel? Please share your tips, suggestions and stories with us in the comments area. But be quick. I don’t want to waste time waiting for your comments 😉
Introducing our Online Power BI Class:
Would you like to join me on a date with Power BI? In this comprehensive online class, learn all about Power BI so you can create beautiful, insightful & interactive reports. Join me and rest of the play mates for our first ever Power BI Play Date.Click here to know more and join us.
Leave a Reply
|Thank you, Houston meetup & Bonus tip||Drag to multi-select slicer items [quick tip]|