CP010: Averages are Mean – 8 Techniques for making your analysis above average
In the 10th session of Chandoo.org podcast, lets make your analysis above AVERAGE.
What is in this session?
This is a continuation of Session 9 – Averages are mean
In the earlier episode, we talked about AVERAGE and why it should be avoided. In this session, learn about 8 power analysis techniques that will lift your work above averages.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- Re-cap – Why avoid averages
- 8 Techniques for better analysis
- #1: Start with AVERAGE
- #2: Moving Averages
- #3: Weighted Averages
- #4: Visualize the data
NOTE: This is a 2 part podcast. Listen to first part before hearing this.
Go ahead and listen to the show
Links & Resources mentioned in this session:
Transcript of this session:
How do you raise above average?
For many of my reports I start with AVERAGE and then improve the metrics to show insights. I try weighted average, median, mode, visualizations and conditional averages.
What about you? What analytical techniques & formulas do you use apart from AVERAGE()? Please share your thoughts using comments.
Subscribe to Chandoo.org Podcast
Do you know that you can subscribe and receive latest episodes of our podcast right to your ears? Use one of the below links to get started.
- For iPhone or iPod or iPad: Click here to subscribe.
- Andriod Phones & Tabs: Click here to subscribe on Stitcher. (You can download Stitcher free app from that link)
- Windows Phone: For Windows phone, search your podcasts app for our show.
- Or… As always, you can get latest episodes, show notes & resources from our Podcast page.
Leave a Reply
|I struggle doing __________ with Excel. Fill in the blanks…,||Matching transactions using formulas [Accounting]|