12 responses

1. sam
    December 12, 2012

So what happens if there are 2 “best” weeks

• Andrew
      December 12, 2012

Sam,
      You would then use a if statement something like if week is higher than a certain sales goal then pull the week, else #N/A.

This would make your highlight series have several occurrences. Allowing for multiple Weeks.

2. sreenivasulu kandakuru
    December 12, 2012

Hey chandoo,
    I had subscribed to your mailing list 3 months back. Really great work being done here. Just wanted to congratulate you on such a great site.

Two things stand out
    1.Really focussed
    2.Really helpful for the focus group

Example this tip on conditional formatting on charts is a great idea.

regards
    sreeni

3. pmsocho
    December 13, 2012

Cool!
    I did similar chart using the same technique to show(highlight) n best/worst data points  . Thanks for the inspiration to another possibility 🙂

4. SomeintPhia
    February 21, 2013

Ah great post for a cool rebuild on my side, thank you very much!
    What a pity, I couldn’t handle the column-reference like [#THis Row], [Week num] or [value]. Where can I define this?
    Thank you very much and keep on charting, greetings, SomeintPhia

• Hui…
      February 21, 2013

@SomeintPhia
      You can define named Formula to calculate these type of values

5. SomeintPhia
    February 21, 2013

thank you and now I understood, that there is an easy possibility to adress colums with a defined named range .. cool!
    Happy Charting

6. SomeintPhia
    February 22, 2013

Hmm, it worked fine with the download example, but I was wondering where all the names can be found  ([Week num] or [value]). What do I oversee?
    Thank you for the help.

• Hui…
      February 22, 2013

@SomeintPhia Goto Formulas

• SomeintPhia
        February 22, 2013

.. there is only [bestMonth] and [bestWeek] defined

7. DUYGU
    June 19, 2014

hi,
    i downloaded ur workbook i understood how you did the graph, but the problem is when i want to make similar one, my graph shows #N/A values like 0 (zero) on graph. how can i correct this? thnk u

8. Raghul
    April 24, 2017

Hi, I have past 5 week data in my hand with different classifications or header. My manager asked the trend for increase or decrease the value of the classifications.please assist me how to project the trend. Example apple is the classification and I have the rates for last five weeks. How i to project the increasing or decreasing trend. Also if I have more fruits then how to do it. Please help me to do this trend