Excel for Project Managers is coming up next Monday (14th), Details Inside…
Last week, we have announced about an upcoming online training program – Excel for Project Managers. Quite a few of expressed interest and shared ideas on how we should do this course. Finally, I am happy to announce the dates for this program and share details. Read on…
Who is this program for?
Well, there is no confusion. This is aimed at project managers, business analysts, project leads and project sponsors. Also, you would tremendously enjoy this program if you want to learn project management.
Topics of this Program?
We have divided this program in 3+1 modules. Each of which spans 6-8 hours of learning time.
Module 1: Planning & Estimating a Project
- Estimating an IT Services Project (case study) using Excel
- Planning for a Project using Excel Gantt Charts
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Estimating Break Even Point
Module 2: Tracking a Project
- Keeping Track of Resources
- Tracking & Monitoring Risk, Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Keeping Track of Project Budget and Actual expenses, hours
- Tracking Changes to Project Scope
- Keeping Track of Issues, To do Lists & Contacts
Module 3: Project Reporting
- Commercial Analysis of a Project
- Project Burn-down & Timeline Charts
- Project Status Dashboards & Status Reporting
- Earned Value Management
Bonus Module – Introduction to Financial Concepts
- Understanding P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Analysis of Profitability
- Estimation in other industries (case study example and Excel Model for Green Energy Generation)
- Advanced Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulation
How does this Program Work?
The course methodology is very straightforward. See this illustration to understand how it works.
How much is this course?
We are offering this course in 2 flavors.
- View Only Option: You can view the lessons online and download workbooks. This is $97 (Rs 4,000)
- Download Option: You can download lesson videos and view them at your convenience. This is $147 (Rs 6,000)
When does it start?
We are opening this program on November 14th for your consideration. There is no closing date for this. So you can join whenever you are ready to become an awesome project manager.
If you have any questions or doubts, drop a comment here or email me at chandoo.d @ gmail.com. I will be very glad to help you out.
PS: If you are new to Excel, consider enrolling in our Excel School program before joining this. That way, you would be better prepared for this.
Leave a Reply
|Formula Forensics No. 002 – Joyces Question||Calculate Payment Schedule [Homework]|