Introducing PHD Forums (and some other updates)
Over the last 12 months, the blog has seen a huge influx of marvelous, interesting and curious people. An year ago, we have 476 subscribers (check the stats here) and today we have 10 times that many. We are approaching the 5000 subscriber mark. Every month, nearly 100,000 people visit this site and spend 3 minutes each learning something fun, productive and useful.
I couldn’t be more happier for such a huge growth. But I am also worried. The reason?
Well, I have been getting a lot of emails from so many lovely people and the primary theme of these emails is,
“How do I do X in excel?”
While I make it a point to answer as many of those questions as I can, there are 3 reasons why I am not able to answer everything.
- I dont know a lot of things in Excel and Charting. While I learn and share something every week, there is so much more to learn.
- I often dont have time to respond to everything. I have a busy day job. In the free time I dream about my unborn child. In the balance time I learn something then I share thru this blog.
- I like to have 3 bullet points for everything 😛
that prompted me to do the unthinkable.
Set up auto responders on my email account.
Well, I am kidding. But I did something better. I have created <drum roll>
That is right. We now have a place where each of us can interact and learn. There are so many extremely talented people in our community – Jon Peltier, Jeff Wier, Vishal, Vishy, Robert, John Walkenbach, Mike Alexander, Aaron, Jimmy, David, Struzak, Andreas, Fabrice, Justin… The list is huge. How great would it be, if we learn from each other and help each other to solve problems or find the right resources?
That is why the forum is born. I know there are some very good excel and charting forums out there (mrexcel to begin with). But there is always place for one more discussion group, one more platform to share and learn.
Go check out the forum, it is so new that some links are still wet. But I am sure you will find great new opportunities to interact and learn.
Other interesting stuff happening on the blog:
- We have a contact page where you can find out how to reach me (If you are from tax department, comeback when my e-book sales are sky high)
- The blog sidebar is improved. Now you can click on my hair on the side bar to learn more about the blog. It also features Excel topics, some of the popular chart downloads and interesting links.
- The Google search on the blog now searches blog, excel formulas and forums to find an answer to your questions.
Give me your feedback… Please:
See something funny or broken. Tell me using comments. You have a good week ahead.
PS: Stay tuned, the moment we cross that 5000 rss subscriber mark, I have a fun annoucement for you 🙂
Leave a Reply
|We cant Cure Cancer, But we can Cure this Medicare Chart [Chart Busters]||Charting Lessons from Optical Illusions|