Creating Excel Art from Images [spreadsheet fun]
Amit at Digital Inspiration features a lengthy way of creating beautiful excel cell art from an image. I guess we all can use a method that is little simpler and smarter.
The objective: to convert an image to cell art by adjusting background color
The Means: obviously VBA
The Solution: Of course someone already solved it, and it is none other than Andy Pope. Download the tool for converting BMP files to XY Scatter charts or cell art from his site. Once you have the file,
- Take any image you want to convert and open it in an image editor like Paint.NET or photoshop
- Reduce the number of colors in the image to 56
- Save the image as BMP
- Now go back to the downloaded file and open the VB Editor (Alt+F11)
- Open the form frmBMPLoader and hit F5 to run the form
- Specify the BMP file path to convert the image to cell art
- Once the processing is done, adjust zoom (to 10%) to see the entire image
What next? Now that you know a cool way to have some fun with excel, why not get serious and read some of the past posts on PHD 😛 ?
Introducing our Online Power BI Class:
Would you like to join me on a date with Power BI? In this comprehensive online class, learn all about Power BI so you can create beautiful, insightful & interactive reports. Join me and rest of the play mates for our first ever Power BI Play Date.Click here to know more and join us.
Leave a Reply
|Custom Views in Excel – Save filter and header settings for quick reference||Use Alt+Enter to get multiple lines in a cell [spreadcheats]|