Introducing new design of Pointy Haired Dilbert
It has been a while since the blog’s look and feel has changed. The number of visitors to blog has been doubling for the last 2 months. I felt the need for a simpler but more elegant blog look and feel. So during the labor day weekend I have spent a few hours and changed the blog theme and added better navigation etc. Take a look at the brand new Pointy Haired Dilbert and tell me what you think.
What is new?
- Home page no longer shows full posts: Since most of the posts here are reasonably long, I figured it would be better if the user is given a choice to take a quick look at what is available and choose which one(s) to read.
- Single Posts have more screen space: While home page, category pages have 3 column view, single posts have only 2 columns – 1 wide content area and another small column for further navigation. This means, people landing individual articles through search, social media should find what they are looking for without distractions.
- Restructured Ads: Even though I am very passionate about excel, technology and business ideas and love to share them with you all, I have to use ads (mainly google ads) to support this website. As part of the restructure I tried to optimized the ad locations and layouts.
- Hand drawn social sharing icons: Ok, this is not totally new, some of you must have seen these last week. I have a set of social sharing icons beneath each post that I have drawn myself.
So next time you see one of them act as if I have personally asked you to share a post with your friend 😀
- Best posts of PHD: You will also see last 5 most popular posts on PHD, most commented posts on the home page. If you are keen to browse the best posts, bookmark the “featured posts of pointy haired dilbert” link
So let me know how you like this new time, any bugs, broken links you see, any garbled renderings in your browser. I will try to fix them.
Leave a Reply
|Photographic Fridays #11 – It stretches all the way you can see||Initials from Names using Excel Formulas|