• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Writing a formula in VBA

s7yzrs

hello everybody,

I am trying to write this formula in VBA

Range("G50") ="=IF(DATI!J2="X",(ATA)+0.09/24,"N/A")"

but it doesn't work.

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Code:
Sub pasteFormula()
    Sheet1.Range("G50").Value = "=IF(DATI!J2=""X"",(ATA)+0.09/24,""N/A"")"
End Sub

You will need to edit the Sheet Name as required.

Using your formula as an example : "=IF(DATI!J2=""X"",(ATA)+0.09/24,""N/A"")" ... everything between the first QUOTE symbol
and the last QUOTE symbol, if it is to be displayed in the cell inside of quote symbols, will need to have double quote symbols.

Excel interprets the double quote symbols as an indication whatever is inside the double quotes will be displayed in the cell
as wrapped inside single quote symbols. Hope that made sense ?

Also, because you are entering the formula inside a cell, Excel needs to know that it will be a value .. hence the VALUE after
Sheet1.Range("G50").Value

Hope all that is understandable.

s7yzrs
Do this belong to same Your challenge with below Your 'previous' thread?

Code:
Sub pasteFormula()
    Sheet1.Range("G50").Value = "=IF(DATI!J2=""X"",(ATA)+0.09/24,""N/A"")"
End Sub

You will need to edit the Sheet Name as required.

Using your formula as an example : "=IF(DATI!J2=""X"",(ATA)+0.09/24,""N/A"")" ... everything between the first QUOTE symbol
and the last QUOTE symbol, if it is to be displayed in the cell inside of quote symbols, will need to have double quote symbols.

Excel interprets the double quote symbols as an indication whatever is inside the double quotes will be displayed in the cell
as wrapped inside single quote symbols. Hope that made sense ?

Also, because you are entering the formula inside a cell, Excel needs to know that it will be a value .. hence the VALUE after
Sheet1.Range("G50").Value

Hope all that is understandable.

Hello Logit, thank you very much. It works perfectly!!

s7yzrs
Do this belong to same Your challenge with below Your 'previous' thread?

Yes, it does. I figured out that I do not have to get automatic calculations. If I just can have formulas inserted via VBA I will achieve the same. Namely no matter what my colleagues will do to the sheet, the formulas will appear again when they open the sheet next time

s7yzrs
As You wrote this belongs to same challenge (= thread) then You should write these and next questions to SAME thread.
for s7yzrs , seems that You skipped above line.
Now, You have still that the 1st part of this thread unsolved ...

Last edited:
s7yzrs
As You wrote this belongs to same challenge (= thread) then You should write these and next questions to SAME thread.
Now, You have still that the 1st part of this thread unsolved ...
not just the 1st part is unsolved. I still would like to know if there is a way to achieve what I have achieved with Logit's solution but without involving formulas inside the sheet

Hi,​
as for a formula the Value property is not the appropriate one,​
better is to use one of the Range 'formula' properties, to see first in VBA inner help …​
Another must see in VBA inner help : Evaluate !​

Back