• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Workbook Theme Colors

Tech56

Hello,

Is it possible to change ranges of fill colors throughout the workbook based on a selected cell fill color? (perhaps identifying ranges as named ranges first).

I am asking so there will be consistency for headings, rows, etc.

Thank you for your help or suggestions,
Tech56

Thank you but I was hoping to change selected ranges automatically by changing a cell on the fly. Does that make sense?

Tech56
You are hoping in Ask an Excel Question -forum.
Your thread gives image to do something with Workbook Theme Colors
... but You text could mean something else...
Could You create a sample Excel-file which samples, which will show as clear as possible Your hopes?
Many things are possible ...

I have a continued project here that has many sheets in it. I want to be able to make some consistency for heading colors and perhaps a system that I can select all of the headings for expenses to be blue background like I have done with some of it. Maybe green for incomes.

Basically I think they should be named ranges to make it easier to change all of each named range.

I am not sure how to make a named range across multiple worksheets but different ranges of cells included in that range. Like for instance I can call it 'Headings' as the named range.

Thank you

Attachments

• Money Manager 1.1.xlsm
    160.9 KB · Views: 2
Tech56
Your file was that show/hide comments thread...
Have You tried conditional formatting?
You should also try to read ... how to use ranges?
But even then ... there cannot be any 'maybe' ...
Ps. Term Workbook Theme Colors has reserved for other use.

Back