• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Work Allocation Macro

Ankit Jadon

Hi All,

I really need your help to create a macro for work allocation. I have a sheet which contain Case Ids (Column A). And Column B contain name of the associated who worked on this case along with the fresh case. I want to crate a macro when I give case number in (Case Assign column) then those number of case should be it should be assigned to that particular associate

Attachments

• Sheet.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 10
Ankit Jadon
Your file has numbers in I-column (including zero).
How those B-column letter match with those numbers?
Your sample result shows 4-A, 7-B & 9-A.

How many rows of data do You really have?
You're asking a macro, but You has made Your thread to 'Ask an Excel Question'.
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org

Sir, Thank you so much looking into this.

Sir, If i assign 5 in Column I in front of A (Associate Name (Column H) then A should be print 5 times in Column B in Blank cell. If assigned value is 0 or blank them nothing will be printed in Column B

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir For first Question - There is no limitations for rows of data. It can be increased or decreased on the basis of volume in the queue.
For second Question - I am not very much aware about the selection. Someone suggested me this site. I was told people are very helpful. surely,you will get a solution of your problem

Ankit Jadon
It's important to answer questions.
Those would help to solve Your challenge.
With clear answers, possible to get quicker results.

1) Okay. Those datas always starts from same position. ( Your files layout have to fixed. More rows is okay. )
2) You should know correct needed situations.
Someway, You gave different (#3) image of You thread (#1).
You should have two sheets, which shows correct data before and after 'Work allocation'.

I'm sure that everybody would like to help -- but You should know
- what do You need?
- how will You use it?
All details matters.

The data i have provided is just an example. Let's suppose I have 20 cases in Column A. Out of 20 Cases there are 4 cases which has already been assigned( Name is already mentioned on those cases). Now we have 16 Cases which are not assigned showing as BLANK in Column "B". The Table which i have provided to you in Column H and I. H has all the name of the team member. And I has the value (Number of Cases). Let's suppose Now I want assign 10 Cases to A and Want to assign to 4 Cases to C. In this case , "A" will be printed 10 times in Column B in front of each Case ID. For C - 4 will be printed 4 times in Column B in front of each Case ID which are showing blank in Column B.

Ankit Jadon
I tried to help and asked more information.
You should have two sheets, which shows correct data before and after 'Work allocation'.
Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 16.16.41.png
You didn't send new sheets.
Above, if compare with Your original, even example, case - it's a challenge.
There are 15 'Case Assigen's to allocate and seven 'free' name places.
Even any examples should work.
If You would have time ... to help Yourself, You would get something.

Back