• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Waterfall Chart with Beginning & Ending Values

Mix1325

Hello,

I have a Waterfall chart showing the variances between actual and budget by category. The problem is that the visual automatically includes an "Other" column showing the overall variance between the actual and the budget. I cannot seem to be able to remove this bucket from the visual even after adjusting the number breakdowns. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Attachments

• Other Category.jpg
    Other Category.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 8
Not enough detail to help you. But can't you create DAX measure or calculated table to exclude "Other"?

Though personally, I think Waterfall isn't the right chart for the data/story. I prefer stacked column (or variants of it) showing win/loss per category.

Not enough detail to help you. But can't you create DAX measure or calculated table to exclude "Other"?

Though personally, I think Waterfall isn't the right chart for the data/story. I prefer stacked column (or variants of it) showing win/loss per category.
Thank you for the reply, Chihiro! The problem was generated by a category that was misspelled and I was able to solve the problem. With respect to the type of chart, I totally agree, but this is what the stakeholders are asking for. Thank you again for your time.

Back