• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VLookup (Picklist) linked to VLookup (Scroll)

eyepods

Hi Chandoo and all here, I am a intermediate excel user and find this site invaluable, thanks to all.
I have a question relating to linking 2 VLookup views on a sheet. Both Vlookup views use the same data, 1 VLookup uses a scroll and the other uses a picklist. Although both view work well as a standalone view, I want to link the 2 views, i.e. If I select 1 field from the Picklist the scroll view displays the same field in the scroll list (and visa-verse).

I would like to use this as a tool to show dependency of elderly people in care.

I have attached the xls file for review, any help welcome. (All data is Anonymous)

Thanks

Attachments

• Dependancy-Dashboard.xls
    174 KB · Views: 8
Hi ,

See the attached file.

Note that I have defined two named ranges ; if you are transferring this to your working file , you will need to create these named ranges in your file.

I have also introduced two procedures , one for the Scroll Bar change and one for the DV dropdown selection ; you will have to copy these two procedures to your working file.

Narayan

Attachments

• temp.xls
    185 KB · Views: 10
Hi Narayan, many thanks for adding the two procedures allowing views to work, much appreciated. I can know see how this works and how to included in any future excel project.

Thanks again...

Back