1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VLookup (Picklist) linked to VLookup (Scroll)

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by eyepods, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

1. eyepods

eyepods New Member

Hi Chandoo and all here, I am a intermediate excel user and find this site invaluable, thanks to all.
    I have a question relating to linking 2 VLookup views on a sheet. Both Vlookup views use the same data, 1 VLookup uses a scroll and the other uses a picklist. Although both view work well as a standalone view, I want to link the 2 views, i.e. If I select 1 field from the Picklist the scroll view displays the same field in the scroll list (and visa-verse).

I would like to use this as a tool to show dependency of elderly people in care.

I have attached the xls file for review, any help welcome. (All data is Anonymous)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

See the attached file.

Note that I have defined two named ranges ; if you are transferring this to your working file , you will need to create these named ranges in your file.

I have also introduced two procedures , one for the Scroll Bar change and one for the DV dropdown selection ; you will have to copy these two procedures to your working file.

Narayan

Attached Files:

3. eyepods

eyepods New Member

Hi Narayan, many thanks for adding the two procedures allowing views to work, much appreciated. I can know see how this works and how to included in any future excel project.

Thanks again...