• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VLOOKUP not working

Dear Sir, I'm trying to make a consolidated sheet which has School Fees dues from the previous years also. But the VLOOKUP is not working. Please help on this ASAP. As i have to start calling for the Dues payments from Monday.

Thanking You.
Pritpal Singh

Attachments

• DUE LIST AFTER DIWALI.xlsx
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
Excel Enthusiast
VLookUp ... works well!
... but ...
Your I-column formula's range containing the lookup value refers from B-column and the column number in the range containing the return value refers don't refer to H-column.
Same kind of challenge is with J-column formula ... please... check lookup value too.

You should learn to check syntax,
instead of copy and paste replies.

SYNTAX:
=VLOOKUP(lookup value, range containing the lookup value, the column number in the range containing the return value, Approximate match (TRUE) or Exact match (FALSE)).
Your ASAP seems to be over

cell I2:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],'19_20_Copy'!B:H,7,FALSE)
or:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],Table5[[Name]:[2019_Due]],7,FALSE)

cell J2:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],'20_21_Copy'!B:H,7,FALSE)
or:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],Table6[[Name]:[Due Amount]],7,FALSE)

Excel Enthusiast
VLookUp ... works well!
... but ...
Your I-column formula's range containing the lookup value refers from B-column and the column number in the range containing the return value refers don't refer to H-column.
Same kind of challenge is with J-column formula ... please... check lookup value too.

You should learn to check syntax,
instead of copy and paste replies.

SYNTAX:
=VLOOKUP(lookup value, range containing the lookup value, the column number in the range containing the return value, Approximate match (TRUE) or Exact match (FALSE)).
Your ASAP seems to be over
Yeah, i have stopped using ASAP lately, as you guys always help me out quickly. :):):). Anyways thanks for your valuable advice again. Actually the problem was in the first column, vlookup works well when i exclude column A.
Thanks Again.

cell I2:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],'19_20_Copy'!B:H,7,FALSE)
or:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],Table5[[Name]:[2019_Due]],7,FALSE)

cell J2:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],'20_21_Copy'!B:H,7,FALSE)
or:
=VLOOKUP([@Name],Table6[[Name]:[Due Amount]],7,FALSE)

Thanks a lot for your help, But i would like to know why VLOOKUP doesn't work when i select range containing the lookup value from A:H. ???

Excel Enthusiast
ASAP
You're wondering why VLOOKUP doesn't work ...
As everywhere even Excel -functions has rules.
Seems You skipped my given syntax.
Basically, Your question is same as
if 2 + 3 = 5
but why 2 x 3 = 6?

About Your wondering...
do A-column has names?
Have You tested LOOKUP-function?

Back