• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

vlookup & match formulas not working

kumartrp

sir
we are pan & aadhaar linked or not linked verify data having

but aadhar link yes or no list above data not connecting with match or vlookup formulas

could u help a lot of time-saving and we are learning ou mistakes

Attachments

• HELP AADHAR PAN NOT LINKED.xls
    33 KB · Views: 5
Hi,
Did you consult the formula help function of Excel? That's always a good place to start.

VLOOKUP requires the lookup value to be in the left most column of your search area. You are looking up pan, but pan is in column B, so your search area may not start in A. It should be the range B2:F8.
MATCH will return a position in a range (row/column number). To return a value it can be combined and wrapped within an INDEX function.

Now I'm presuming you used google translate or so, making it hard for me to exactly understand what your were after. But have a look at the attached file. Example given with both vlookup and index/match. See if those are already helping you.

Attachments

• Copy of HELP AADHAR PAN NOT LINKED.xls
    35 KB · Views: 14
Hi,
Did you consult the formula help function of Excel? That's always a good place to start.

VLOOKUP requires the lookup value to be in the left most column of your search area. You are looking up pan, but pan is in column B, so your search area may not start in A. It should be the range B2:F8.
MATCH will return a position in a range (row/column number). To return a value it can be combined and wrapped within an INDEX function.

Now I'm presuming you used google translate or so, making it hard for me to exactly understand what your were after. But have a look at the attached file. Example given with both vlookup and index/match. See if those are already helping you.

Thank you sir
very good understand our problem and give a good suggestion of lookup formula good and our mistake identified and suggestion and immediately respond sir thank you a lot sir

Back