• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to Split a PDF report

Kmahraz

Hello Experts,
Looking for some help, trying to split a PDF report that I created in Access.
Normally I do this task manually; but my report this time has 1400's pages.
The challenge is that each customer will get a separate report that can be 5, 8, 9 ... pages.
The idea is to create a list of customers in a column and in the second column i would like to see if we can place the number of pages i.e:
Customer A : page 1-5
Customer B : page 6-9
Customer C : page 10-13

Is this even possible ?

Best,
K

Why not do this straight from Access?

Create report in Access, filtered by customer and have table of Customer and email address where should be sent to. You can then use VBA within Access to send individual reports, instead of exporting it out and then doing additional operation.

However, there's free software that does allow splitting PDF.
https://www.cutepdf-editor.com/default.asp

AFAIK - Not easy to manipulate PDF through Excel Macro. You will likely need PDF editor (locally installed) and add reference to it in VBA. Even then, finding methods and functions available might be tedious and difficult.

Thank you so much Chihiro for the suggestions, the access data is processed by a different group and I don't want to try change/ add since i don't have much experience with Access. I will try the software and see if i get it done.
In the mean time thank you for the help and the suggestion.
Best,
K

Hi !

After reading initial post, my thought was similar to Chihiro's !

the access data is processed by a different group and I don't want to try change/ add since i don't have much experience with Access.
Excel can easily import data from Access (easier than working with a pdf file) …
And is it so difficult to ask the different group a text file export from Access ?!

You can edit a pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Pro, not the reader version …

I think that's the point of the forum, to let people resolve such issues with using VBA instead of ordinary features, despite the fact it ain't seems more convenient for most of the time. As an example, I use this tool to do so https:/ /w9.pdffiller.com it's twice cheaper than Acrobat Pro for the same features, yet I'd like to do so for free with VBA

Why bring up such an old post?

Any ways, what we are saying is that you can't directly manipulate PDF via VBA. You'll need some other software that VBA can pilot/manipulate to work with PDF.

Hence, initial recommendation to go directly from source data to produce desired output.

Back