• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to filter and copy actions based on username

Radu

Hi all,

I have (in Excel 2003) a report containing the actions made by some users in Sheet1, and the list of users that I need in Sheet2. Can anyone help me with some code that would:

1. Check, in Sheet1, the actions made by the users in the list in Sheet2;

2. Copy the entire rows where the user is found (the user's name is in column J), and place it in a new sheet;

3. Rename the newly created sheet with the name of the user, from the list in Sheet2;

Hope I have been clear enough as to what I need. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not that familiar with VBA syntax.

Thank you in advance,

Radu

Radu

What if a user already has a sheet named after him ?

What if a user has 2 or more action items ?

Hi Hui,

Thanks for your quick response. The report is generated each time from a database and exported automatically in a new workbook, so there's no chance that a user will have a workbook already named after him.

Regarding the actions, I need to copy all the rows where the action was made by that particular user (effectively creating a report for each user from the list).

I've already tried automating an advanced filter command by recording a macro, but got stuck editing it :).

Regards,

Radu

Back